Saturday, March 22, 2008

Home

Arrived DIA about 11:45pm lastnight. Flight was delayed because the flight crew for our plane was delayed coming in from Detroit. Long day.

Ended up meeting with Dr. Torres 1:15pm or it was 2:30pm before he got in the room, so technically 2:30pm. He recommended that I see a local ENT about my nasal issues. He was going to have a copy of the most recent MRI forwarded for me to give to the local ENT. He did note that the radiolgist commented that the MRI of the brain, sinus area did not look like anything had changed. He called Dr. Luthra while I was in the room, and Dr. Luthra would like to see me back in 3-4 months, as well as doubling up on the tomoxiphan. I was told that the side effects should not be double. So double up on the drugs and lose some LB's!!!

So that's where we are now.

I want to thank everyone for praying for me, and Heather & I. All the prayers and kind words have been overwhelming. Do me a favor send some of my prayers toward Andrew Demey. Some of you might not know him but that's ok; you don't have to know someone to pray for them. I will tell you however, he and his family are simply the best. We want to get this great kid out of the hospital and moving forward to a complete recovery. (Note his condition in previous posting.) So if you would, please pray for him.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dougie I'm so proud of you. I'm so lucky to have a big brother like you. I love you with all my heart. In the words of Dorie from Finding Nemo..."Just Keep Swimming!"
Best,
Lib

Aunt Mary said...

Hi Doug,
Just a note to let you know that the Anderson family is thinking of you and that you're in our daily prayers. We've established an e-mail team of "pray-ers" from the Kosman family for your intentions. We also have a special day of prayer for you - every Wednesday. Hope you know that we love you. XO Aunt Mary and Uncle Ron and family

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that an online chat has been scheduled for those who have been impacted by ECD.

Date: Friday, 4/4/08
Time: 9 pm Eastern time, 6 pm Western time
Place: http://www.chatzy.com/427437211406

Please see the ECD board on the histio.org website for more information.

Peace to all.