Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow

It's snowing in Rochester today! There was talk in the tunnels of 6-8" overnight and today. Right now it seems to have stopped and I don't think there is more then 4". Hard to tell, I have not been outside but once in 2 days and that was to walk 1/2 a block. Yes, I was lost underground.

This morning brought an early morning MRI of the brain and sinus area. I explained again to the nurses that I can't have gadolinium as a contrast because of the kidneys. They went ahead and did an IV waiting on the radiologist to arrive to see what to do. With the IV ready they whisked me away to a changing room. There are so many advances in the medical world these days one of which I found in the changing room of all places. They have these cool new gowns probably developed for dudes who are not used to tying behind their back. The gown has a double sleeve on one side so you can put the front on and wrap the extra sleeve behind across your back and onto the opposite arm. No tying! Ok maybe this has been around for a while. My first time using them and needless to say I was really happy to not have my rear hanging out for the world to see.

MRI was interesting. Was the first head MRI I've had since the last head MRI where I freaked out and had to squeeze the button. Started to panic a bit again but just worked on my breathing and counting the minutes of each scan so I knew how much longer I had. Being in isn't so bad but when you throw in the banging of the MRI it can drive one crazy, as I explained to Heather. She replied, honey you could get a job as a MRI sound effects person. She is so wise:-) Love you honey! :-) Anyway, pretty soon the nurse says only three more scans to do. Time for the game face, you can do this Doug, offer it up, offer it up. 2 min, one down, 7 min, two down, 4 min 3 down, "ok we have 1 more 5 min one" I replied, "THAT WAS 3!" Needless to say I didn't get out of the 4th (extra) one! So they pulled me out waiting on what the radiologist said about the contrast. Praise God she said they didn't want to give me the contrast and risk problems. So I was done!

Next appointment was 10am ENT doctor. I showed up to find out that it was 10am Monday. Ouch. I had told Dr. Torres I didn't intend on staying over Easter weekend. Apparently the message didn't get passed on to the scheduling nurse. So they are still working on ironing that out. If I have to I guess I'll just leave without seeing an ENT here.

Gotta pack and get ready for hopefully final appointment with Dr. Torres.

No comments: